photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

September 11, 2011

Review: Everblue

Everblue: Mer Tales #1Title: Everblue
Author: Brenda Pandos
Goodreads: Best friends share everything with each other. Or do they? Seventeen-year-old Ashlyn Frances Lanski is tired of her boring, single life. Spending time with her best friend Tatiana, dreaming about kissing Tatiana's twin brother Fin, and swimming competitively are her only sanctuary. The girls plan to leave their drab lakeside town far behind for college. But when Tatchi fails to return home after a family emergency, and no one knows where the family has gone, Ash chooses to do something drastic to find them. 
Ashlyn is about to discover what she'd thought to be true her whole life, wasn't, and the truth, too fantastical to imagine. Secrets lurk beneath the deep blue waters of Lake Tahoe, secrets that will change Ashlyn's life forever.

Review:
This is the first book about mermaids that I have read and I was definitely not disappointed.


To talk about the setting first, Brenda does a great job at creating two totally different worlds. The underwater world of Natatoria is described in such detail that I could create a visual as I read the book. I was fascinated by the beauty of this underwater world, but also by the danger that came with its beauty.


There are two main characters in this book because the book is told from two points of view. We get Fin's view of what is happening and we also get to read how Ashley is feeling. I love both of the main characters. Ashley is your average, a little insecure, kind of girl and Fin is just so brave and charming. I think for me Ashley was easier to relate to, but reading Fin's point of view was also incredibly interesting, especially when he talks about Natatoria and the rules and customs there. The language the characters used was funny at times, particularly because of the curse words Brenda created.


The plot was interesting and kept me wanting to read more. There was a good amount of romance mixed with action and danger. In the end I just wanted the story to continue and can't wait for the next book in this series because it was an epic ending and major cliffhanger!! Can't wait to get my hands on a copy of the following book!


If you guys haven't read the interview I had with the author, Brenda Pandos, go here to see it.
Also I found this blue nail polish that changes colors in the sunlight. I might be having a giveaway for that nail polish on here soon. Look for updates about it on my twitter here.

No comments:

Post a Comment