photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

November 18, 2011

Review: Between the Sea and Sky

Between the Sea and Sky
For as long as Esmerine can remember, she has longed to join her older sister, Dosinia, as a siren--the highest calling a mermaid can have. When Dosinia runs away to the mainland, Esmerine is sent to retrieve her. Using magic to transform her tail into legs, she makes her way unsteadily to the capital city. There she comes upon a friend she hasn't seen since childhood--a dashing young man named Alandare, who belongs to a winged race of people. As Esmerine and Alandare band together to search for Dosinia, they rekindle a friendship . . . and ignite the emotions for a love so great, it cannot be bound by sea, land, or air.

When I started this book I had no idea what I was going into. I bought it the day before the signing and just went right into it.


Esmerine is the main character and she has just become a siren. Being a siren is an honor any mermaid would be excited to be chosen for. Esmerine is so sweet and nice. She doubts herself in an innocent sort of way and I loved that. Her and her sister have always been curious about living on land and especially the guys on land the difference is that Esmerine would never test her curiosity like her sister Dosia. But when Dosia goes missing, she takes it upon herself to go find her.


Alander is a fandarsee, which are these beings with wings. When I first met him in the story I did not like him at all. I felt like he was distancing himself and being cold towards Esmerine. I just wanted to hug her every time he spoke. But about half-way through the book he started warming up and I realized he wasn't so bad, he was just protecting his heart. He later became so sensitive and loveable. He helps Esmerine find her sister and shows that he really cares for her. My favorite line was:
"If anyone asks, we are married," he whispered. "I'm not letting you out of my sight here."
The story itself was so dreamy and amazing. It was so different from what I have read. Jaclyn just creates this amazing fantasy and world where these beautiful creatures exist. I was so into the story and it was beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time. I felt like my heart was being played with throughout their entire trek to find Dosia. The ending was so sweet and cute. It literally made me sit there smiling at my book like an idiot and that's all I'm saying about that. So go read this book :)


4/5 stars

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh I'm looking forward to reading this one :) It looks awesome!! Great review, I'm definitely excited to read it now!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book, it was so different, but still a nice easy read (: Great review hun! (:

    ReplyDelete