photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

November 23, 2011

Review: The Future of Us

The Future of Us
It's 1996, and less than half of all American high school students have ever used the Internet.
Emma just got her first computer and an America Online CD-ROM.
Josh is her best friend. They power up and log on--and discover themselves on Facebook, fifteen years in the future.
Everybody wonders what their Destiny will be. Josh and Emma are about to find out.




The Future of Us was one book I had been looking forward to reading ALL year. I mean, another book by Jay Asher? Amazing. A collaboration with Carolyn Mackler? *jaw drops* cue the excitement.

The concept of this book is so unique. The two main characters can glimpse into the future through Facebook, which hasn't even been invented yet.
Emma has these walls built up to make sure she doesn't get hurt but I feel like that doesn't allow her to be happy. I didn't really connect with her. To me she came off as whinny and constantly complaining but her character developed throughout the book and I ended up liking her more. Josh on the other hand was more my style of main character. He is cautious and somewhat shy and I liked that.
The story was kind of slow but very interesting. The alternating perspectives were a bit difficult to follow because both main characters had similar voices but I really love novels from different perspectives and this one did not disappoint. The ending wrapped up everything really well and near the end the book picked up and I could not stop reading until I was finished.

3.5

2 comments:

  1. Ah! I want to read this one so bad! Thanks for sharing! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book!!! I can't believe you didn't enjoy it as much as I did :(( I thought it was crazy cute!!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete