photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

September 5, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Two and Twenty Dark Tales


Two and Twenty Dark Tales: Dark Retellings of Mother Goose RhymesIn this anthology, 20 authors explore the dark and hidden meanings behind some of the most beloved Mother Goose nursery rhymes through short story retellings. The dark twists on classic tales range from exploring whether Jack truly fell or if Jill pushed him instead to why Humpty Dumpty, fragile and alone, sat atop so high of a wall. The authors include Nina Berry, Sarwat Chadda, Leigh Fallon, Gretchen McNeil, and Suzanne Young






Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

This book sounds amazing. I'm a huge fan of retellings and I love learning about all the dark and creepy meanings in rhymes and kids songs so this is the perfect book for me. I can't wait to get my hands on this. Plus, this cover is gorgeous and creepy all rolled into one!

Let me know what you guys are waiting for!

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited for this one as well!!!! Pam is in it and I can't wait to read her tale :D Great pick!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fab!!
    New follower :D
    Here's my wow: http://pageafterpagereviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday_5.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Pick! I love Leigh Fallon and I know she has a story in here! Can't wait!

    Allison @Abibliphobic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a copy of this at the moment, but I haven't read any of it yet. Looking forward to though.
    Check out my WOW here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick for this week! Thanks for spotlighting it! Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete