photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

November 21, 2012

Classics in November: Update 1 + Challenge


Challenge 1
This is the first update for Classics in November. You can join the awesomeness by going to the starting post. Then come back and answer these questions. You can also let me know the answers in the comments.

Lord of the FliesQuestion 1: What is your favorite classic that you’ve ever read? Why? Post the title of the book and the reason you enjoy it.

My favorite classic that I've ever read has got to be Lord of The Flies. I really enjoyed the whole plot of the book. What would kids do if they we're stuck on an island with no adults to lead them? No matter what, human nature is set on having leaders and it was interesting seeing all the boys form their groups, which is some what similar to what happens in high school with cliques. I've heard that the Gone series by Michael Grant and Variant by Robinson Wells have a similar feel to this book so I can't wait to read them.

10 Things I Hate About You PosterQuestion 2: What is your favorite movie based on a classic? Why? Post the title of the book & movie and the reason you enjoy it.

Well I love Alice in Wonderland, both the cartoon version and the new version with Johnny Depp. They are fantastic films, but going with a favorite modern version of a classic I'm going to have to go with 10 Things I Hate About You, which is based on Taming of the Shrew. I could watch this movie everyday and NEVER get tired of it. The actors are fantastic and the movie has funny moments mixed with heart wrenching moments as well.

Even if you aren't participating I would still love to know your favorite classic and classic movie. You guys can leave your answers in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. YESSSSS to 10 Things I Hate About You. It's insane the amount of quoting I do when I watch it. Haha! I love it! Great choice!!!

    ReplyDelete