I wasn't sure how I was going to do this list so I decided that New-To-Me meant authors who were already published before this year, but that I read their books this year. (all the pictures are from goodreads):
1. Kody Keplinger:I read The Duff and Shut Out this year and I devoured both of them. I can't wait to read her third book and her fourth book Goldfish is coming out next year!
2. Richelle Mead: Oh boy, I had the hardest time with The Vampire Academy. I couldn't seem to get through the first book. It took me two tries to finally read it and I didn't enjoy it that much BUT once I started the second book, Frostbite, I read it in about a day. It's one of my favorite books this year and I can't wait to continue the series.
3. John Green: Why it took me so long to read something by him? I have no idea but once I read Looking For Alaska I couldn't stop there. I read The Fault in Our Stars right after.
4. Cynthia Hand: When people raved on and on about this series I was actually scared to start it. I didn't want to be the one to dislike something everyone loved but I was worried over nothing. I read the first and second book to her Unearthly series back to back and will read ANYTHING she puts out.
5. Gretchen McNeil: Her first book was Possess and since I'm the biggest wimp when it comes to exorcisms and possessions you can rest assured I did not read that one but her second novel, TEN was an amazing mystery and her next books all sound great so I will be reading more from her.
6. Miranda Kenneally:My love for Catching Jordan could not be expressed properly. Once I picked it up I could not put it down and I don't know why I didn't trust everyone when they told me Miranda wrote some of the most amazing contemporaries.
7. Stephanie Perkins: The same goes for Stephanie Perkins. When I saw Anna and the French Kiss I thought I wouldn't like it but I was so wrong! Now I need Isla and the Happily Ever After.
8. Sarah Ockler:Another contemporary author I discovered this year was Sarah Ockler with her book, Bittersweet. It was a great wintery contemporary and I'm now reading Twenty Boy Summer.
9. Courtney Summers:Courtney has so many books already published but the one I discovered her with was This is Not A Test. It's a raw, emotional zombie story and I loved her writing. I want to go back and read her other books now.
10. Kiersten White: Paranormalcy was another one of those books that everyone mentioned and I just wasn't sure about but she is hilarious and has action packed scenes. I can't wait to read Mind Games in February next year!
What new-to-you authors did you discover this year? Any that are also on my list?