I'll be taking part in the booktube-a-thon organized by the awesome Ariel Bisset and Raeleen from Padfootandprongs07. If you've been elsewhere and haven't heard of it, you can check out their videos here and here. It takes place from July 15th-July 21st. I was going to make a video but I can't find my memory card. If I find it/buy a new one I'll make a wrap up video at the end of the week letting you know what I read and what I thought.
I really like the idea of this read-a-thon because they've come up with 7 challenges that you can try to accomplish as you read.
1. Finish a series/trilogy.
2. Reread a book.
3. Read a book that's over 500 pages.
4. Read a classic.
5. Listen to an audiobook.
6. Read a book that's been on your shelf forever.
7. Read an average of 300 pages a day.
I aim to complete all of these BUT we all know how life happens. I just got word today that I'll be starting at a new job tomorrow. That means, TODAY WILL BE READING OVERLOAD. I want to get ahead today so that if I fall behind, I'll still be able to complete all the challenges.
So here is how I plan on completing each challenge:
1. The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure by James Dashner (these complete the Maze Runner trilogy *forget about that prequel*)
2. Unwind by Neal Shusterman (Reread)
3. Gone by Michael Grant (558 pages)
4. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
5. Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (Audiobook and reread)
6. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (I've owned FOREVER. It was in my first haul I ever posted on here)
7. All these books add up to 2,525 pages, which if divided by 7 days, turn out to be an average of 360 pages a day.
So there it is. Hopefully you join in too! Let's hope I can complete these challenges.