I haven't done a Top Ten Tuesday post in such a long time and I thought this was a great topic to start back up. You know, since it's already DECEMBER?! I'm going to have to be cliche for a second and ask, where did this year go?! Seriously? Either way, next month will be 2014 and today I'm going to share the 10 books I'm most excited for in 2014.
1. This is probably my most anticipated book of 2014. Rachel Hawkins has yet to disappoint me with her other four books so bring it on. She's one of my favorite authors and I would pretty much do anything for a copy to land in my hands right now.
2. How many years have we been waiting for this book? Seriously, does anyone remember? I know Stephanie Perkins has done many posts explaining why it's been pushed back so much but I'm so excited for it to have a semi official release date and hope it stays on track for May 13, 2014.
3. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite retelling ever. Enough said.
4. The moment I read this blurb I fell in love with it and then I saw the cover and fell more in love. I've only read her co-authored book, Burn for Burn, but seriously enjoyed it. And I know, I have to read The Summer I Turned Pretty series asap!
5. This should be way higher on the list. I don't know how it ended up fifth but Altered might have been my favorite book of 2013. I've recommended it to so many of my friends and I know Amber from Books of Amber already read it and gave it five stars *grabby hands* gimme, gimme, gimme!
6. My Life Next Door was one of my favorite books of 2012 and this one seems like it's going to be the perfect summer read.
7. This sounds like an incredible thriller and it's written by an actual teen! Sign me up :)
The next three are actually ones I found while making this list and now I can't stop thinking about them!
8. I love books where the main character has to go through a list and check things off that she would normally never do, kind of like One Night That Changes Everything by Lauren Barnholdt. So this one fits right in and I love the cover!
9. Sci-fi, memory loss, cute boys? Mhm, hand it over!
10. I've loved every single one of Kim Harrington's books and I'm eagerly awaiting her new contemporary thriller. I'm a little confused as to why she's publishing it as K.A. Harrington but who cares? I just want it to be August already!
What are you dying to read in 2014?