photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

January 4, 2015

2015 Reading Challenges

It seems like 2015 is the year of the challenges. I hardly ever sign up for challenges because I never complete them and then I just feel terrible, but this year I'm feeling extremely motivated. I've already finished 3 books and a novella. So here are the challenges I hope to participate in this year!

The Daily Prophecy

Mel's (Fairytale) Retelling Challenge:

For this one I want to do the Magic Mirror level, which consists of reading 5-9 retellings. I think this is very doable since I want to finish the Cinder series and I still have Scarlet, Cress, Winter and Fairest. On my pile is also Princess of Thorns, and of course A Court of Thorns and Roses.

 
Flights of Fantasy:

This one is hosted by Alexa and Rachel and the point is to read as many fantasy books. For this one I want to read 10 fantasy books. We'll see how this one goes. I always put off my fantasy books because they're usually so long, even though I always end up adoring them when I do pick them up. I'm hoping this challenge will motivate me to read them!
l-4
105 Challenge:

This is hosted by Nori. The goal is to read 105 books in 2015, but to make this one interesting there are challenges that you can set for yourself. My categories are going to be:

12 Debuts from any year
11 Sequels
10 Last books
9 Netgalley/Edelweiss
8 First books
7 Novellas/Graphic novels
6 Standalones
5 Adult/nonfiction/celebrity books (ex: Yes Please by Amy Poehler)
4 Audiobooks
3 Classics
2 Rereads
1 Book in French

Go to POPSUGAR Home

I also want to take part in the Popsugar Reading Challenge for 2015. It's a list of 50 challenges to take part in. I'm already planning on reading 105 books this year so this one shouldn't be that difficult to complete and it looks really fun. I know a lot of other people are going to take part in this as well.


The final one I want to try, just for fun, is this bingo. I found this on twitter and it's hosted by Maddie from The Girly Geek. I'm just going to be checking this at the end of each month to see what squares I completed.


Let me know if you're taking part in any of these challenges or if there are any I'm missing that I should definitely take part in. Let's make this year a great reading year!


3 comments:

  1. I'm going to do the same with the Bingo card! I'm just going to read all the books I want and if they can be used to cross off a square, that's great. Thanks for joining the fairytale challenge :D It's going to be fun. Don't forget to add your link to the master sign-up post! I'm also participating in Flights of fantasy, so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog today, Audris! Looks like we'll both be doing the fantasy challenge! I don't read that genre a TON so I'm just hoping I can complete my goal. And the 105 challenge sounds like fun; maybe I should add it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving these Pop Sugar challenges! I'm doing the tick box one. That bingo card is INSANE. Good luck :D

    ReplyDelete