photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

November 15, 2015

Weekly Wrap Up #2: Books and Life



Welcome to my weekly post where I talk about the books I read in the past week and what personal things I did that week!

What Did I Read This Week?



Considering how I didn't have much to do this week, I probably could have read more but that's okay. I finished Thunder Dog which was a nonfiction book that was really great. I ended up giving that one 4 stars. I don't have enough to say on it for it to warrant a full review but it may be featured in an upcoming mini review mashup! I then picked up Random which was a super quick read. I finished it in an hour and a half or so. I ended up giving it 3 stars due to the ending but basically, the entire last half of the book. I am not sure whether this will eventually have a review of its own yet but if not, it will definitely be in a mini review mashup. Then, I picked up We Should Hang Out Sometime since I had recently checked it out from the library. It was super cute, funny, and a really quick read that I ended up really enjoying. I gave it a 4.5 stars rating and I think pretty soon Audris and I will have a joint review up of this one! Although not pictured, I also started Let It Snow and I read through the first story. 


What Personal Things Did I Do This Week?

This week wasn't too busy for me but it was the last week of the first marking period at school. As of right now, basically all of my grades are finalized and my lowest grade in all of my courses is a 95. I am super happy with that and really proud. I had quite a bit of stress this week since I was going to be getting super really big and important grades back but I did really well which had me really happy. On Saturday, we went out to celebrate my little brother's upcoming birthday. On Thursday he is turning 13 so we went out to a game and small amusement park type building. It was really fun. We played laser tag, rode on go karts, went on a Tilt-a-Whirl, played in the arcade, went bowling, and more! We then went out to eat and we had a delicious meal. It was a really great day!

What Did Audris and I Post This Week?


Like I said last week, Audris and I as of now, are more so focused on scheduling posts for 2016 so we can start the year off on a great note. However, I posted 2 posts this week. I posted a discussion on how I read so much and so fast which can be found here. And then, I posted a Waiting on Wednesday which featured The Year We Fell Apart which can be found here

Old and New Goals

Last week, I made two goals for myself. The first was to finish 3 books, which I did. YAY! The second goal was to schedule 4 posts which I did not do. I believe I scheduled 2. However, I have been putting a lot of time into brainstorming new posts ideas so sort of win? Maybe? No? Okay. 

Next week is going to be pretty hectic so I am going to really cut down on stress and pressure and make a goal to finish 1 book. I am also going to make a goal this week to schedule one review, three Top Ten Tuesdays, and three Waiting on Wednesdays, and maybe a few other posts ideas I have formulating right now. That may seem like a lot but they are all posts I am really pumped for so we shall see. Wish me luck!

How was your week? What did you do and/or read? Any goals for next week? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment