photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

February 1, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.
This week I am waiting for:
Before You Go by James Preller
Hardcover199 pages
Expected publication: July 17th 2012 by Feiwel & Friends
Before You GoThe summer before his senior year, Jude (yes, he’s named after the Beatles song) gets his first job, falls in love for the first time, and starts to break away from his parents. Jude’s house is kept dark; no one talks much—it’s been that way since his little sister drowned in a swimming pool when Jude was supposed to be watching her. 
He was watching her. He looked away for just a moment. He was only nine years old. And he’s never truly grieved for her, or for the emotional deaths of his parents, who refuse to talk about what happened. Seven years later, Jude is finally, finally starting to live. Really live. And then life spins out of control. Again. 
Acclaimed author James Preller explores life, death, love, faith, and resilience in a story that will grip readers from the book’s dramatic first few pages to its emotional end.


I LOVE the cover. I feel like the yellow light for caution might have a certain meaning for the book and I love when covers represent the book. I love the dark clouds in the background. Overall I think this cover is awesome.
The premise sounds really interesting. I feel like this is going to be a powerful and dramatic story. I'm always looking for books that will leave me thinking and caring greatly for the characters. Hopefully this one ends up being one of those.
PLUS, the main character is named after a Beatles song. How AWESOME.


What do you guys think? What books are you waiting for? Leave links :D

9 comments:

  1. I have not heard of this book before, but it sounds very good. I really like the cover.

    My WoW
    http://areaderintime.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this book before. I like the sounds of it! Great choice! Thank you for sharing it!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kind of curious about this book. I'll have to check it out from the library for sure. New follower! Great WoW!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oohh this book sounds really good! I've had my eye on it for a while! Great choice :) Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so intense! I hope it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a captivating read.
    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I almost picked this as my wow a few weeks ago I'm really looking forward to it too!

    ZOMBIES!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds really, really great. The cover is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cover, and character named after a Beatles song has to be good! Sounds like an interesting plot - great pick, thanks. Mine is at YA Yeah Yeah if you'd like to take a look.

    ReplyDelete