photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

March 19, 2012

Review: Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)
For months Clara Gardner trained to face the fire from her visions, but she wasn't prepared for the choice she had to make that day. And in the aftermath, she discovered that nothing about being part angel is as straightforward as she thought.
Now, torn between her love for Tucker and her complicated feelings about the roles she and Christian seem destined to play in a world that is both dangerous and beautiful, Clara struggles with a shocking revelation: Someone she loves will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.
In this compelling sequel to "Unearthly," Cynthia Hand captures the joy of first love, the anguish of loss, and the confusion of becoming who you are.

This book promptly picks up where Unearthly left off and I loved every bit of it.
Let me tell you, few books have left me in such a whirl of emotions as Hallowed did. I was just torn but peaceful at the same time. I don't know how Cynthia Hand did it but she made me feel every emotion the characters in this book felt. I tried to stay strong like Clara while my heart shattered into little pieces for Jeffrey. I am proud to say that Jeffrey is my favorite character in this series. He acts like a regular teen at times and tries to hide his emotions with anger but always comes through when necessary. I feel like some of his spotlight is stolen because Clara tends to be a bit selfish and make things about her all the time. He just makes me want to say "LET ME LOVE YOU JEFF" *hugs*.

You know how we all pick teams when we start a book or series with a love triangle? Well I was sure I had picked my team and I was team Tucker for life. Then I read Hallowed. Oh dear, Christian was so present in this book and so perfect for Clara that it is hard for me now to picture her with Tucker. I don't know how book three will turn out, romance wise, but I am not ready yet. Can I be team Chris-Tuck? :O

There is definitely a lot more emotion in Hallowed but there is also plenty of action and drama. I wanted to remember every word that was being said. We get to find out a lot more about the angels in this book and how things work for them and we also get to learn more about Clara's family story and her background. Her friends are more present in this book and some of the mystery behind Christian is unraveled a bit. Angie is also a great friend. She's there when Clara needs her most and never has anything to complain about. Angie is a great presence and is constantly excited about everything.

If you loved Unearthly you will definitely want to pick up Hallowed. It does not disappoint and is just as good as Unearthly. While a lot of questions are answered, a lot of things are still left to figure out which will make you yearn for the third book. This is now in my favorite series section so if you have yet to read Unearthly you are missing out! Go check out this series :)

No comments:

Post a Comment