photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

October 31, 2012

Guest Post: Valerie Zambito

Valerie ZambitoToday we have Valerie Zambito here on the blog to talk about how her book, Angels of the Knights, was born. Welcome to the blog! :)

Guest Blog Post - Angels of the Knights - Fallon

And So The Book Was Born…

Every author has their own unique story.  Mine began one cold evening this past March when, in the middle of the night, the idea for Angels of the Knights exploded inside my head.  I jumped out of bed, wrote the outline, and finished the first three chapters before the clock read 5:00 AM.  The very next day, I commissioned the cover art.

Whew!  

As a writer of adult epic fantasy, it was a complete 180 for me to turn to YA paranormal romance, but I now had this new character consuming my thoughts, and the mental image of Fallon and her back story was very compelling.  I just had to get to know her better.  I just had to join her on her unique and exciting quest.

Angels of the Knights - FallonSo, with a map of ideas tucked under my keyboard and a gallon of coffee by my side, the journey started, but it wasn’t long before the story developed legs of its own and took off.  I followed behind desperately, believing I knew where it was headed, but suddenly, of its own accord, the tale veered off into new and unexpected directions, hairpin turns, and even off cliffs at some points.  That’s when I got really excited.  Not knowing what is around every corner and facing the unknown right along with my characters is why I love writing fantasy. 

There’s nothing like it!  Great fantasy grants us entry into a world beyond our own that is filled with adventure, mystery and danger.  We get to enjoy a front row seat to human struggles of epic proportions.  Struggles that tug at our heartstrings and elicit real emotion.  

Whether epic, urban, paranormal, historic, steampunkI gravitate to fantasy with heroic elements.  I like strong, confident men who never back down from a fight against evil.  The kind who will not hesitate to throw himself between a woman and a fire-breathing dragon.  I like strong women, too.  The kind who will appreciate the offer, but is more inclined to push the man out of the way and take care of the dragon herself. 

Fallon is that kind of hero. 

As a Knight of Emperica, she will stop at nothing to protect the mortals in her care.  While vulnerable in love, she never flinches in the line of duty.  And, when a handsome former cop crosses her path, love and duty collide with explosive consequence.  As one reviewer recently wrote, “The story was insane.  Once Fallon leaves Emperica to head back to earth as a Knight, you better strap yourself in for the ride.”

And, what a ride it is.

I hope you give it a whirl!

(P.S. There are no fire-breathing dragons in Angels of the Knights.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment