photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

October 22, 2012

Words to a Certain Tune (2): Blind Spot

There are times when I'm reading a book and I'll find a song that I start relating to it. This happens to me a lot when I read a very emotional book. This is a meme where I share a song I  think relates to certain book.

Tomorrow is the release date for Blind Spot by Laura Ellen and while I was reading this book I stumbled upon the song The A Team by Ed Sheeran. As soon as I heard the song I pictured the characters in the book, especially Tricia Farni. I think the song relates so well to her story in the book.
Blind Spot
There’s none so blind as they that won’t see.
Seventeen-year-old Tricia Farni’s body floated to the surface of Alaska’s Birch River six months after the night she disappeared. The night Roz Hart had a fight with her. The night Roz can’t remember. Roz, who struggles with macular degeneration, is used to assembling fragments to make sense of the world around her. But this time it’s her memory that needs piecing together—to clear her name . . . to find a murderer.
This unflinchingly emotional novel is written in the powerful first-person voice of a legally blind teen who just wants to be like everyone else.




Both this song and this book have incredibly powerful messages and convey so much emotion. If anyone has read the book, what character did you like the most? I think Tricia's character was so intriguing. She was so different. There were many levels to her actions and motives and I think that relates with the girl from The A Team. You guys will definitely want to pick Blind Spot up as soon as it hits stores tomorrow. It's a powerful and emotional ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment