photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

June 26, 2014

Lit Ladies (Discussion): Deal Breakers or Automatic Buys


So, as you may know, I'm part of a Youtube group called Lit Ladies. We post every two weeks on different topics, and this week, I liked the topic so much that I thought I'd share it on my blog. Hopefully this can spark some discussion.

Here are the things that will make me automatically pick up/put down a book:



The last deal breaker is a little confusing to explain (about why I don't like reading books where one of the main characters speaks Spanish), but to explain a little better than in the video, I'm hispanic, most of what I speak at home is Spanish, and we never speak the way it's written in books. Most of the time, the authors just throw in a bunch of stereotypical Spanish words and call it a day. I want authors that actually research the culture. I've read a couple of good ones but I want more, so if you guys have more suggestions please leave them in the comments!

Let me know in the comments if you agree or disagree with my deal breakers and automatic pick ups and we can discuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment