photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

October 22, 2014

Creeptastic Reads: Interview with Kim Harrington


I've read most of Kim Harrington's books (just need to catch up on her newest release) and I've thoroughly enjoyed all of them. Check out my review of The Dead and Buried right here! That said, you can imagine my excitement to have her on the blog today!

The Interview:

Hi Kim!

I'm a pretty big fan of scary books, but as I was reading The Dead and Buried I found myself leaving the lights on at night. You wrote some amazingly terrifying scenes! What was the scariest story you stumbled upon while researching for any of your books?
Because I wrote a scary book, people love to tell me their own personal ghost stories. And I’ve heard some terrifying ones! The worst was a friend who woke up and saw someone ghostly at the foot of her bed. Yikes.
What is one of your favorite things to do to get into the fall spirit?
I love decorating the house for Halloween. Pumpkins, ghosts, light-up crystal balls--the cheesier the better.
You've written different takes on the mystery genre, from horror to thriller to psychic detective (my personal favorite). What was your favorite style to write? Do you have any idea what your next project might fall under?
I’ve loved writing it all. Sometimes when I write something a little lighter and funnier, I feel the need to write something dark next. And then after that, I want a lighter touch again. It’s fun to switch gears. I really enjoyed writing FORGET ME. The fast pace of the thriller plot and the humor between a couple of the main characters was a great combo for me. I have two projects that I’m hoping will sell next, both very different in tone. Crossing my fingers!
The first book in your Sleuth or Dare series took me back to my childhood. What did you draw from in order to write a mystery that worked for kids? Any particular books that inspired the feel of the series? I know it took me back to my Bailey School Kids days.
To create the SLEUTH OR DARE books, I took a lot of time to think about what kind of book I would have loved to read at that age. And then I wrote it. So I basically wrote for Lil’ Kim. ;)
I know you enjoy the topic of space exploration, especially the different moons. Would you ever write a book that took place in space? I would love to read a horror novel set in space!
You know me well! I would love that. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. I’ve played with a couple ideas but none of them were fresh enough for me to get excited about. Someday, though. Someday.
Can you share some of the books on your fall TBR?
BLACK ICE by Becca Fitzpatrick sounds great! And I recently vacationed in Grand Teton National Park, so the setting hooked me already.
Finally, if all your main characters suddenly came to together on the big screen in a horror movie, which one do you think would be the first to reach their untimely demise? Which one would you be rooting for until the end? (I know this must be tough, they're your babies)

Wow, what a fun question! Faye from THE DEAD AND BURIED would probably die in Act One. Sorry, Faye! And the last one standing would have to be Clarity “Clare” Fern because she’s so tough and she has that extra gift up her sleeve that could help her out.

 Thanks for being part of Creeptastic Reads!

About Kim Harrington:

Kim Harrington

Kim Harrington is the author of Clarity,PerceptionThe Dead and Buriedand Forget Me for teens and the Sleuth or Dare series for kids. She lives in Massachusetts with her husband and son. When not writing, she's most likely reading, watching one of her favorite TV shows, or fantasizing about her next vacation. Her first book, Clarity, received a starred review from Publisher's Weekly, was a 2012 ALA Quick Pick for Reluctant Readers, sold to nine countries, and was optioned for television by Warner Brothers.


Website Twitter Instagram Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment