photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

August 20, 2015

Interview the Bloggers: Pili Edition

Today we have the wonderful Pili from In Love with Handmade on the blog to do an interview. I asked her 8 questions and her answers are very interesting! She is an awesome book blogger and we chat quite a bit on Twitter. I am so happy to have her on the blog!

Here is the wonderful Pili! You may notice some of the other bloggers as well. :) This is from Pili's Twitter profile picture.
Also, starting with Pili's interview, I have decided to do a new blogger interview every Thursday for the next month or so. I am excited for you guys to meet some of my friends and possibly find out about new awesome blogs to read and follow! Now let's get onto the questions.

Interview Questions:

1. Tell us one fact about yourself.

Pili: I think of myself more in terms of bookwyrm than bookworm because the way I hoard books is more closely related to Smaug's love for his treasure than any reasonable human should! ;)

2. Have you always been an avid reader? What book(s) got you into reading?

Pili: Always! I loved reading since my dad taught me how to read because he was growing tired of reading the same story to me every night! I had to go for medical check ups often as a child and my mum always rewarded good behaviour by buying me fairy tale stories at my request!

3. Do you have any in real life friends who enjoy reading?

Pili: One of my besties is really a big bookworm too, but not to my obsessed level and even less now that she's had a baby. Another bestie also loves reading and uses her lunch hour at work to read on her Kindle! And my ex-bf is also a big reader and bookworm, which sucks since he still has all our Agatha Christie books!

4. What is a book you would recommend to everyone even if they normally don't enjoy reading?

Pili: Hmmm, that's a very tough question... I don't think there's a book that anyone and everyone can enjoy. I got my nephews to give The Hunger Games a try because they loved the movies and they really don't read at all. I usually try to know the person a lil before I can recommend a book. 

5. What are your top 3 favorite books you've read so far this year?

Pili: Three? A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab, 5 to 1 by Holly Bodger and Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff! Picking just three was SUPER hard because I've read so many amazing books this year!

6. Do you have any 2016 releases you're dying to get your hands on?

Pili: Oh yes!! Way too many I must confess! The Forbidden Orchid by Sharon Biggs Waller, Vicarious and Girl Against The World by Paula Stokes, A Gathering of Darkness by V.E. Schwab, The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows, The Shadow Queen by C J Redwine, The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins, The Star Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi... SO MANY!!!

7. What are some of your favorite hobbies other than reading?

Pili: My other big passions aside from reading are travelling, baking (sometimes book inspired decorated cupcakes) and photography!

8. Would you rather have all paperback books and no hardbacks or all hardbacks and no paperbacks?

Pili: Oh dear... would the books that are published only in paperback disappear from my shelves or could those be in hardback too? Because I don't want to lose any of my books! But if I had to choose, I'm all for hardbacks! *pets the pretties*

And we're done!


Let's all say bye to Pili. :)
Pili, thanks again for answering these questions! I loved reading all of your answers and I am sure everyone else did as well.

I hope you guys enjoyed reading this interview and be sure to check out Pili's blog. She's awesome! You can also find her on Twitter here. I also hope you guys are excited for the upcoming blogger interviews.

1 comment:

  1. I had a lot of fun with this interview Jacquelyn! Thank you for having me over in your blog!

    ReplyDelete