photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

September 5, 2015

Celebrate Contemporary: Announcing a New Project


As many of you probably know, YA contemporary is my favorite genre. I find something really special about contemporaries that I don't see in any other genre. I love other genres as well but contemporary has my heart! From my observation, I see lots of people who love fantasy/sci-fi/dystopian books and less people who love and read contemporary. I wanted to celebrate contemporary books and I wanted some of my fellow contemporary readers and authors to help celebrate with me! So I created this little project..

What is the project? 

This is a project in which both bloggers and authors will be gushing over their favorite contemporaries, contemporary authors, covers, quotes, new releases, and more! All posts will be focused around contemporary books since this is the focus of the project.

When is this project taking place?

The first post will be up on September 8th which is a Tuesday. I had 18 volunteers before I had to close submissions so I will be posting two posts every week until November 8th! They will go up on the Tuesday and Sunday of each week unless they must be moved for a week for a specific reason.

Who is participating? 

I have 15 bloggers and 3 authors who are participating. For now, I will link their name to their blog/website and their Twitter link.


As you can see, I have a great group of contemporary lovers here! Since I am running this whole project, I thought I would list five of my favorite contemporary titles as a kick start to this celebration!

Some of my favorite contemporaries:


Everything Leads To You by Nina LaCour
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby

These are all wonderful contemporary reads and I definitely would recommend them!

I hope you guys are excited for this new project! I think it's great to be celebrating such an important genre. Let me know what your favorite contemporaries are!

1 comment:

  1. i'm such a fan of contemporaries so i'm so so so pumped for this event! i actually saw your tweet and was about to say YES I'D LOVE TO JOIN until i saw you next tweet which was sorry we have enough people which made me really sad but now reading this post, i'm all excited again because what a great list of bloggers you have who are participating! honestly i can't wait! this is gonna make september - november so much better now that i have TWO things to look forward to each week haha :)

    ReplyDelete