photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo ya bookmark_zpsfspw6vbs.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

November 6, 2015

Review: Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls by Lynn Weingarten



Title: Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls

Author: Lynn Weingarten

Publisher: Simon Pulse

Source: I own a hardcover copy of this one.

Goodreads Summary:

They say Delia burned herself to death in her stepfather’s shed. They say it was suicide.

But June doesn’t believe it.

June and Delia used to be closer than anything. Best friends in that way that comes before everyone else—before guys, before family. It was like being in love, but more. They had a billion secrets, tying them together like thin silk cords.

But one night a year ago, everything changed. June, Delia, and June’s boyfriend, Ryan, were just having a little fun. Their good time got out of hand. And in the cold blue light of morning, June knew only this—things would never be the same again.

Now Delia is dead. June is certain she was murdered. And she owes it to her to find out the truth…which is far more complicated than she ever could have imagined.

Sexy, dark, and atmospheric, Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls will keep you guessing until the very last page.

My Thoughts:

Hmmm.. in one word.. meh. When starting this, I thought I was going to love it. The writing was great and the story had me captivated. However, after the halfway mark, the book took a different spin and I didn't really enjoy it as much. 

Once there was more than one point of view introduced, I felt totally thrown off. I thought that in the beginning, the pacing was great but when we began reading from multiple points of views, the pacing was thrown off a bit. Also, I was ready to have my mind blown but that didn't really happen. I don't know whether everyone felt this way but I finished the book still confused as to what had really happened. I hate that. I just read this whole book to figure out and uncover what happened and I close the book still confused as to what happened. 

Although I am not sure if I fully understand the ending, I really did enjoy what I did grasp and understand. I didn't like that part of it but I must say, the writing was great and it flowed really nicely. This was an odd one for me. I liked about 60% of it but the other 40% was just bleh for me. I wish the book had all been as great as the first half had been. I'm not going to say I would or would not recommend this one so if you're interested in it, give it a shot! 

Rating: 

★ ★ ★  / 5 stars
(3 stars)

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I dislike when things get confusing in a book. :( I'm sorry that you didn't like this book! I'm still going to give this book a try. Thanks for sharing for review Jacquelyn! Have a fabulous day! :)

    anna | annaish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.. that can be the worst! :( I hope you end up loving it. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete