photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

December 3, 2012

Review: Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally



Catching Jordan (Hundred Oaks, #1)ONE OF THE BOYS
What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university.
But everything she's ever worked for is threatened when Ty Green moves to her school. Not only is he an amazing QB, but he's also amazingly hot. And for the first time, Jordan's feeling vulnerable. Can she keep her head in the game while her heart's on the line?

When I first heard all the hype surrounding this book I really thought it was just that, a bunch of hype. For some reason this cover just doesn't do it for me. It looks a bit cheesy and I couldn't bring my self to pick it up, which is why it took me so long to read this MASTERPIECE. I always put off contemporary with a lot of hype...and then end up loving them. This happened with Anna and the French Kiss and I still haven't read Perfect Chemistry *hides face in shame*.

Who ever thought I would be this into football? I adored it and was rooting for Jordan's team the entire time. I hadn't been this into a sport since Nathan from One Tree Hill was playing basketball on my tv *snickers*. I'm not the kind of girl to be involved in anything sporty and I was afraid I would get lost in the football talk but that didn't happen at all. Miranda Kenneally managed to put everything in a way where I couldn't even put the book down for a few minutes without thinking about Henry, Tyler and Jordan. I felt emotionally invested in Jordan and where she would end up playing college football.

With that, let's talk characters. Henry...just Henry. He's been Jordan's best friend since they were little and played on the same team together. Let's take a minute to express how much of an amazing friend he is. He knows exactly what Jordan needs and is always standing up for her, even to her father. He has his flaws, don't get me wrong but who doesn't. I know I'm far from perfect. Then there's Jordan, she's strong and confident and she uses these leader qualities to stand in front of the boys on her team and lead them through the football season. But she is also as blind about somethings as blind can be, which I personally think can accurately portray us girls. Most of the time we don't see what's right in front of us. Tyler is the new kid in school and as soon as he tries out for the team he becomes the center of attention  for both girls (wanting him) and guys (hating him). He is so sweet, funny and at the same time brooding and hot. He seems like the whole package. 

The side characters also brought a lot to the story. Jordan's dad made me so angry sometimes with the way he acted towards her and her dreams to play college football. I understand that parents want what they believe is best for their child but a little support wouldn't hurt. Her friends on the football team were always there to support her. I need guy friends like them!

If you couldn't already tell, I devoured this book and loved every minute of it. If you are looking for a great contemporary that will win a place in your heart, then I highly recommend this one. You'll definitely need to leave a space in your heart for Henry.
5/5

1 comment:

  1. Your review has made me even more excited for this one! I bought it a couple weeks back because I knew it had great reviews and because it was on sale. *Haha. Can't pass up those e-book sales* Like you, I'm also not a big fan of football. I tend to get picky when it comes to contemporaries as well. I'm glad that the characters shined so much. I'll need to move this up my list. I like to read/review a good mix of books. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete