photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

January 2, 2014

Happy New Year! + Updates!

I'm currently sitting on my super comfy couch, cuddled up in the softest blanket and I couldn't be happier. I've been traveling for the past 22 days and by the end of it I was incredibly homesick, to say the least. I had no wi-fi and no phone service for most of the time and although I got to visit some amazing places (Cancun, Dominican Republic and Miami) I missed blogging from the comfort of my own home.

But now I'm here and I have some updates. While I was gone I had a pretty awesome reading month with two four star books and three five star ones.



The Book of Broken Hearts Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1) Eleanor & Park The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)

  1. The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler: 4/5 stars
  2. Ruby Read by Kerstin Gier: 4/5 stars
  3. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell: 5/5 stars
  4. The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan: 5/5 stars
  5. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken: 5/5 stars
So to say I had a great reading month would be an understatement. The Darkest Minds was one of my favorite books of the year and I can hardly wait to get my hands on Never Fade.

Bookish Goals 2014

  1. Goodreads Goal: 75 books
  2. Finish 12 series: I can't tell you the number of series I've started and then neglected to pick up the second book. I hope to remedy this and I've already picked out most of the series I actually want to finish but I think I might save that for a separate post.
  3. Start 6 series: I've chosen these as well and my goal is to start and finish six series that everyone recommends.
  4. Read what I want to read, when I want to read it: I'm not going to try to stick with monthly lists because I tend to always deviate from them and then I feel guilty. I'll probably still pick some books just so I can have some structure but they'll just be suggestions.
  5. Participate in Epic Recs: I'm hoping to stick with it monthly because I like the idea of branching out and trying books other people loved.
  6. Book Buying: This year I'm going to set up a budget specifically for book buying and I'm going to try to only buy books that I know I'll read this year.
  7. Tackle the TBR: Try to read more of my own books. I have to read 2 of my books before I can buy one.
  8. Blogging: Post when I can and not worry if I can't post as frequently. I have to learn to divide my time between school, blogging, social life and work.
So with that, I wish you all a happy new year and hope 2014 brings loads of awesomeness into your lives. What are some of your blogging goals? Link me in the comments and I'll check them out! Also, let me know if you would like to see pictures from my travels and I'll put together a post :)

2 comments:

  1. Great goals! I want to tackle my TBR pile, I want to buy less books than 2013 and I hope to finish many series, so we have some blogging goals in common :D I'd love to see pictures from your travels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Hope you had a great vacation. The Darkest Minds is great, so is Eleanor & Park (and The Battle of the Labyrinth, of course)!

    ReplyDelete