photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

November 30, 2014

November Wrap-Up

I had a pretty good reading month in November! I read 12 books and my thoughts on them can be seen down below! 


1. Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder: 
This was a lovely book that is written in verse. It was a beautiful, emotional, and heartbreaking story! 
5/5 stars

2. 99 Days by Katie Cotugno: (e-ARC)
I liked this one but had quite a few problems with it. The main character and many of the other characters were very annoying and the plot seemed to be very repetitive. It was a very addictive book though, considering I read it in under 12 hours. 
3/5 stars

3. Perfect Couple (Superlatives #2) by Jennifer Echols: (e-ARC)
This is the second book in the Superlatives trilogy and I enjoyed this much more than I did book one. I liked the couple much better and the plot was more fun and interesting. It really sucked you in and was very addicting! 
4/5 stars



4. Lord of the Flies by William Golding: 
We had to read this for school and although I did enjoy it and found the plot to be somewhat interesting, I had quite a few problems with it. The ending was so weak in my opinion. I was hoping for something much more interesting but it just all wrapped up too easily. 
2.5/5 stars

5. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #1) by Michelle Hodkin:
You may or may not know: I don't like reading books that are super hyped because I always go in with super high expectations and more times than not, I am disappointed. I thought with the third book in this series coming out this month, I should try reading this one and I actually did enjoy it. For some reason, I love reading books with unreliable narrators so I think that added to my liking of the book. I didn't get everyone's obsession with Noah Shaw at first but as I read further, I understood the obsession more. Overall, I was pretty pleased! 
4/5 stars

6. Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin:
I read this one for a challenge on my Goodreads group and I was glad I was finally reading it because I have owned this book for so long! It was a super interesting concept and it was different than anything I have ever read before but it was a slow read and at times, repetitive. Also, some parts of the world were very confusing to me.
3/5 stars


7. Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby: (e-ARC)
OMG. This book was my favorite book I read this month. It was an amazing novel that was emotional yet beautiful. I loved every minute of it and was so sad it was gone so fast because I read it in a day. I had tons of errands to do with my mom but I brought my Kindle wherever we went (even in the grocery store!) and read because I couldn't stop reading! I will be posting a review of it pretty soon that will include an exciting interview with Jessi herself! 
5/5 stars

8. Saving Jessica by Lurlene McDaniel:
Lurlene McDaniel is known to write really emotional books and yes, this was very emotional! I felt for the characters and I was rooting them on the entire time! Although, the ending did seem a bit rushed and I wish we had some more times in between certain events. 
4/5 stars

9. Telling Christina Goodbye by Lurlene McDaniel:
This one was okay. It was very emotional and I felt for most of the characters but it was way too predictable for my liking.
3/5 stars


10. Letting Go of Lisa by Lurlene McDaniel: 
This one wasn't as emotional as some of Lurlene's other novels. It was still good though but I couldn't connect with the characters on any level which is never good.
3/5 stars

11. The Long Haul (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #9) by Jeff Kinney:
My brother got this book for his birthday and since it was a new release, he was pretty excited to read it. He finished it and enjoyed it and wanted me to read it so I did. I thought that since it was the ninth book of the series I would start to get super bored and maybe even stop reading the series. Actually, this book is the best book in the series in my opinion! I think the plot was the most interesting out of all the books and I was really happy that I read it! 
4/5 stars

12. Wish You Were Dead (Thrillogy #1) by Todd Strasser:
This was a decent read. It was very addicting (I read it in the matter of a few hours) but some parts were really confusing. I was beginning to confuse the characters. There were so many characters and then IM names and I was getting super confused. I will be continuing on with the series, however! 
3/5 stars

As you can see, I had a pretty productive reading month but not many great books. 

My favorite book of the month: Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby
My least favorite book of the month: Lord of the Flies by William Golding

I hope all of you guys had a great reading month! Let me know what you read and what your favorite and least favorite books of the month were! 




No comments:

Post a Comment